I haven't really been able to write off-late, whenever i firmly resolve to & park my ass down, i ended up finding more ways to decorate my blog.

However, something changed this morning & made me realize why i started blogging in the first place.

I had not planned to write, but now i cannot stop myself... i feel like i have something to say, an incredible urge to put it out there & maybe then, then the excitement will subside...

So here goes:

My Dad is home. Its a once-in-a-year thing & a pretty big deal!

When mummy woke me up today, she was so much cuter than she usually is & she is very cute usually... God! How i love Blinky & Popsy!!! :)


His suitcase is a place of wonders, you never know what you might find, i swam through the haze of chocolates, purses, perfumes, shoes etc for a while, got carried away & then, found myself ...


I have already started subtly maneuvering my demands, rolled them up in sugar, mixed with flattery in the right amounts... can't help it, have turned into a little girl again... Oh, i might have a treadmill soon :P



I seem to be in smiley-land, that's because i feel so good deep within, like we are all complete now, not just a directionless body without its head...





I say that not only because the dad is the senior-most one here, but because he is also the most stable + sensible + sensitive + sweetest + funniest person i know... He is the one who keeps all the psychos together & bound as one...


Without him around, in a few days, we fall back into our old patterns of not respecting each other, taking each other for granted & the regular drama of 2 vs 1.


Let me explain.
Hardly any situation is resolved amicably, there is always side-taking & among the mum, bro & me, one of us always ends up playing the villian... So, there's always a:
Mum-dsnt-get-me phase for the bro n me,
James-is-so-mean phase for the mum n me &
A
nu-is-such-a-bitch phase for the bro n mum...

LOL!! Yes, we are that juvenile... We need a stable, sensitive guy watching us & nodding his head in a mildly disapproving manner that says 'Kids, when will they grow up'

















Yup,
the Mum is just a kid only, with her big, innocent wide eyes & a smile that holds nothing back... (Of course, she is also Superwoman but that's another post.)



I love my awesome, kickass family!

:) :) :) :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

CRD said...

Loved the pic in which ur dad was riding piggyback on ur bro :P


Cheers
CRD

Anu said...

hehe yea that pic is supposed to say: See, she's not kidding. Her dad is a ToTaL SweetHeaRt :D

reader said...

hi writer,

wishing happy easter to u and ur family. hope u will have a great celebration since ur dad is back. nice family pics!!

cheers,
reader

Anu said...

I hope so too, considering i have back-to-back exams :(

You go have a great time... Njoi! :)

Anonymous said...

hi writer,

thanks for the wishes. exams will come and go throughout the year, but there will be only one easter per year that you get to spend with your family :) . so think and prioritize. late night mass, conclusion of the lent, catching up with relatives over the phone,..so many good things for easter.

cheers,
reader